Friday, May 8, 2009

Hublot Black Caviar Bang

Hublot Black Caviar Bang watch pictureHublot Black Caviar Bang watch picture
As I was reading about Hublot watches one night, I came across a watch that was said to be worth a million dollars. I read it a second time just to be sure then asked myself, “One million dollars?” I know time is money, but I did not know it was worth that much. The watch having this value is the Hublot Black Caviar Bang. I learned that the Hublot Black Caviar Bang is part of the "million dollar watch club”, which refers to a number of various watch companies who have presented watches with prices of one million dollars or more. The reason for the hefty price tag is that it features an 18K white gold case with 531 precision cut black diamonds.

There are 322 diamonds on the case, 179 on the bezel, and 30 on the clasp of the black rubber strap, totaling 34.5 carats! As you can see on the face, this unique masterpiece shows the one-minute tourbillon and a power reserve meter. The Hublot Black Caviar Bang is a manual hand winding movement, which has an estimated power reserve of 5 days (120 hours). Creatively, the power reserve meter is displayed with an arc of black diamonds. Over 2000 meticulous hours were required to set each diamond. If there was even the slightest misalignment, the whole setting had to be redone. This rare and sumptuous watch is so limited; it is the only one of its kind.

2 comments:

  1. I'll take two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. excuse me sir? do you have the time by any chance??

    ReplyDelete