Thursday, June 18, 2009

IWC Aquatimer Deep Two

IWC Aquatimer Deep Two watch picture
IWC Aquatimer Deep Two watch picture
Even though I am not a scuba diver, nor do I have my license, I love learning about the instruments that divers use. Now, even though this particular diving watch cannot be taken to depths deeper than 120 meters (393 feet), I would not say that is not worth taking a look at. After all, we know what kind of watch IWC makes and they are nothing short of exceptional. The watch I am referring to is the IWC Aquatimer Deep Two diving watch. Similar to the GST Deep One, a discontinued model, the Deep Two features a built-in depth meter that can record up to 50 meters. There are two indicators, one that is blue and the other red, located on the outer ring of the dial. The blue indicator represents the current depth and the red indicator displays the maximum depth that has been reached by the diver. Notice on the left side of the case, at the eight o’clock position, there is a small button. Push this, and you reset the maximum depth achieved, sending the red indicator back to the “home” position.

You will notice that there is another crown located on the left side of the new IWC Aquatimer Deep Two. This crown houses a special membrane, where the measurement device is built around. How it works is, the deeper the watch is submerged into the water, the stronger the membrane is forced into the case triggering the blue and red indicators. This new attractive diving watch has an immense case size of 46mm, which houses IWC’s automatic Caliber 30110 with a 40-hour power reserve. Consistent with the rest of the IWC Aquatimer watches, the Deep Two features a beautiful PVD (Physical Vapor Deposition) coated bezel providing outstanding water resistant properties. The IWC Aquatimer Deep Two is offered with a rubber strap, weighing in at $14,900, or one with a steel bracelet, which breaks the bank at $15,900.
Pictures from IWC

3 comments:

  1. I have to say that I like scuba watches as well! I almost bought one, but held back. I'm choosing from the classic pieces of Daniel Roth Watch Line right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. IWC is the very best Aquatimer watch. I am happy for you since you have the latest updates of the watch and also you made this article best informative. Aside from ICW watch that I like, also I like http://essential-watches.com/Graham-Chronofighter-with-Black-Dial-Steel-with-Tan-Military-Strap-24064.aspx this watch model also have the quality same as ICW watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dating Personnel. I'm glad you enjoyed the article! I will check out the link you posted - do own that watch? If so, do you have any pictures you could e-mail me? Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete